Tuesday 29 May 2012

Stairs, China and Louis

Today I'm grateful because I was able to do something that I haven't been able to do for many, many years...I was able to RUN up the stairs! While stairs have not been a big problem to walk up or down, running up a whole flight of stairs has been impossible. So I not only ran up them once, I walked down and then ran back up a 2nd time!! Whoo hoo!! Thank You Lord for mended feet, knees that work and new energy I haven't had for many years!

I'm also grateful that we were able to book a tour to China in the fall. China has been at the top of the list of places that hubby wants to visit. His daughter was here a couple of weekends ago and gave us the name of a highly recommended tour agency, so we sent in a request for a quote, and it came back well within the budget we had set for ourselves, and so we booked! We haven't received confirmation yet, but I'm just so grateful that we have the means, time, energy and good health to be able to even contemplate such an adventure! I've come a long way since the days when I could barely afford to buy enough food to live on. Thank You Lord for all of the wonderful changes in my life over the past 20 years!!!

And I'm grateful today for Louis, Father Louis Caissie, who is celebrating his 50th anniversary of ordination to the priesthood. Besides being a compassionate, gifted pastor, Louis has also been one of the most faithful friends a person could ever hope to find. We met 30+ years ago and I am forever grateful for how richly Louis has blessed my life over these past 30 years. He even drove 15 hours to co-preside at our wedding...people still talk about how beautiful that wedding ceremony was. He truly blessed all of us with his words and presence. Thank You Lord for that wonderful day when you brought Louis into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment