Thursday 31 May 2012

Naps, Chocolate and Clean Water

Today I'm grateful for naps. I can remember way back about 25+ years ago, sitting at my desk and desperately trying to stay awake shortly after lunch. All I wanted to do was put my head down on my desk and close my eyes for about 20 minutes. I remember praying for the energy to stay awake and do my job, and asking Him "Are you sure I wasn't born to be rich and idle, Lord? Are you sure I shouldn't be living in the Caribbean (where they have afternoon siestas)?" Well, flash forward to now, where retirement has finally allowed me the luxury of that afternoon nap whenever I want it! And I do still want it!! Thank You Lord for that delicious moment when I'm able to lay this tired body down in that wonderfully comfortable bed and close my tired eyes and drift away for my nap. I cherish that freedom!!

I'm also grateful for chocolate. I could write reams about chocolate. Thank You Lord for all the people everywhere around the world who do all the work to bring chocolate to my plate. I hope they know how much pleasure they bring to people like me.

Thank You Lord for clean water to drink. We've been places where there is none. We've eaten at tables in homes with no running water, with people who have to lug buckets and jugs for long distances in order to get water. It's so easy to take it for granted when it comes gushing out of a tap. I just want to say that I rarely ever take it for granted any more...and am always grateful to be able to take long quenching swallows of cold clean water...especially after eating chocolate. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment