Wednesday 6 June 2012

Orange, Comics and a Husband Who Does the Chores

Today I'm grateful for the colour orange. I love to wear orange, it makes me feel good. I have capris and shorts in various shades of orange and quite a few t-shirts, hoodies and a sweater in different shades of orange (my philosophy is that I have to buy orange clothes while they're available because when the stores stop selling orange, it will be gone for a long time!)

I can get away with wearing the tops anytime of the year, but I normally can only wear the orange capris and shorts in spring and summer. So I wear orange a lot. Probably too much for some people's tastes, lol. But I especially love wearing orange on a dull rainy day because it just perks me right up and makes me feel like I'm carrying the sunshine around with me. Thank You Lord for the colour orange!

I'm also grateful for comic strips. It was strange how just after Gary died I couldn't stand to read them...nothing could make me laugh and I didn't want to be reminded of how profoundly sad I was. I embraced it as a sign of healing-in-progress when I finally began reading comics again. Now they're one of my favourite parts of the day. Thank You Lord for the people who work every day to bring laughter into our lives through the newspaper comic strips!

And I'm grateful that my husband likes to do the laundry. I don't mind doing it at all, but he seems to actually really enjoy it. And washing dishes too! He even irons the tea towels!! I've never in my life ironed tea towels, but when I was single and working, I barely had time to iron my blouses, so things like pillow cases and tea towels never made it to my ironing table. He's a real gem that way. He enjoys doing a lot of things around the house that I don't particularly enjoy doing. He does laundry, washes the dishes, cooks, cleans the bathrooms and too many other chores to list here. He took over when he moved in with me, because I was working full-time (and lots of overtime) and he wanted me to be able to relax and spend time with him when I got home. Now that I'm retired, I could (and sometimes want to) take over some of those chores, but he prefers to do it all now. I'm so lucky!!! Thank You Lord for sending this man into my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment