Thursday 7 June 2012

Vicarious Living, Eggs and Showers

I'm so grateful to be living in a time when I can enjoy some things vicariously, through other people's eyes. With the Internet, I can go anywhere in the world and see sights and wonders that I could never have gotten to on my own, either because of financial constraints or plain old fear. But I do enjoy seeing what other people are up to! Thank You Lord that there are people out there willing to go where most of us can't go, and who are kind enough to bring back pictures so I can see what I'm missing. :))

I'm also grateful for eggs. I eat an egg every morning. It stems way back to the early 80's when I had trouble eating and was apparently, according to my doctor (though I didn't feel it) close to dying of malnutrition. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist and we agreed that I should have an egg every morning. The first few mornings I couldn't keep it down, but eventually it became my breakfast...for many years, it was the ONLY thing I could keep down first thing in the morning. Now I'm on the other end of the spectrum, and need to lose weight, lol. But even after all these years, that egg (scrambled and well cooked) is still often the only thing I can manage to eat first thing in the morning. So thank You Lord for eggs!

And I'm very grateful for showers. Remember the old days when the only option (at least in our house when we were young) was a bath? It was a lot of work, because the water pressure was slow and the water heaters were small. So we didn't get a bath everyday, nor did we need to, even though we played in the dirt a lot back then. Now I enjoy a bath - for about the first 10 minutes, then I can't stand it and have to stand up and get a shower anyway! So I'm very grateful that showers are so much easier and faster these days! Thank You Lord for hot water, nice-smelling soaps and the wonderful feeling of that water splashing all over me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment